Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day is a bittersweet day for me.  Of course I want to celebrate my wonderful husband who is a fabulous father to our son John and to Kristi & Brian - but it's a difficult day for me because I miss my Dad so much. 

John Porter was a pretty spectacular man.  He left an impression on everyone who knew him.  He left a legacy in his work at Disneyland - and he left a legacy of love in his family and friends. 

My Dad was loving, talented, kind, honest, had an incredible work ethic with tons of integrity, was funny, smart, brave, an honest and loving husband, the best Daddy, and an all around "mans man".  

I love you so much Dad - and I miss you EVERYDAY!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love that photo of you and your dad - he sounds amazing. Love your guts!

Megan said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Daddy. Sorry he is no longer here to hug and talk to. I have a wonderful Daddy and I will give him an extra hug when I see him tomorrow for you and your Dad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails