Saturday, October 31, 2009

"This Is It"

I saw the Michael Jackson movie, "This Is It" today. I went to the movie expecting to enjoy it. I expected that his talent would shine through the film. I expected to be sad that he is no longer with us. What I didn't expect was that I would be so blown away by the film. The producers did a beautiful job of capturing Michael's brilliance and genius.

I was never really a fan of Michael Jackson "the man". I believe he was eccentric and odd. I've never really been sure if he was guilty of what he was accused of. I don't think he was - but only a very few people and God really know that for sure. However, I was always a fan of his talent. From the time he was a little boy he continued to amaze, perform and entertain. We all knew he was talented. What I don't think I really respected until today was what a perfectionist he was; a showman and so knowledgeable about his craft. He was truly unique.

I think the concerts that were set to be performed last summer would have been incredible. The concept for the concerts, the amount of work put into the production pieces, were original and brilliant. Michael surrounded himself with equally talented people. The performers, the choreographers, the musicians and the producers all shared a vision and the unique honor of working with M.J. What a shame that their vision never came to fruition. What a shame that he left us so soon. And how sad for his family and his children. For us Michael was a performer - but he was their Dad and now all they have left is memories.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails