Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung

Decorating my home at Christmas time brings me great joy.  Gently unwrapping ornaments and decorations from my childhood - memories each and every one.  And, we make new memories too.  Every year new ornaments and decorations are added!
 The "Mulligan Family" decoration was a present from our dear friends and neighbors last Christmas.  Each year we exchange ornaments or decorations.  Love this new addition to my collection.  I guess I can't get anymore kitties - because the entire family is represented here!
In the early 1960's my Mother made this Angel and Madonna for my Aunt Mary.  They are made of material and Styrofoam forms.  I had forgotten all about them - but last year when my Aunt was moving she asked if I wanted them.  That was so kind of her.  I cried when I opened the package.  Such a treasure. I cherish them, AND my Aunt for wanting me to have them.

Nutcrackers - Nutcrackers - Everywhere!

Even the kitchen table got into the act this year.


Before - During - After

The small icicles belonged to my Father when he was a little boy.  They are probably even older than that.  Another of the treasures that I hold dear.  These haven't been on our tree since J.J. was born.   He had never seen them before.  It's time to take them out and enjoy them again. 

As I create this blog post I am listening to the Bing Crosby Christmas Record with the Andrews Sisters.  Another great memory of Christmas times gone by and loved ones who I miss tremendously.

Hope your halls are decked and that you're enjoying the season with those you hold dear.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You have gorgeous decorations and I love that you have family ornaments too. How special! I love family treasures like that. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails