Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Date Night & Eddie Izzard

We don't often get out alone for a grown up night in the city. Last night was an exception. Richard and I were lucky enough to get tickets to see Eddie Izzard in Portland - and even had time for a nice meal beforehand. (Eddie is a British comedian, and stars in the TV show "The Riches" with Minnie Driver.) It was a perfect Portland evening. The evening was warm with a gentle breeze. We enjoyed people watching as we sat outside the Heathman Hotel while sipping our cocktails. Having worked in Hollywood for five years, I might add that Hollywood doesn't have anything on Portland in the 'strange people' department. We were definitely entertained! Really loved all the "little black dresses" accompanied by black army boots. And, there were several cross dressers passing by as well. Like I said - entertained!

Eddie was spectacularly funny. If you don't know who he is, I highly recommend that you check him out. There is quite a bit of his material on YouTube. His language is quite "colorful" - but his humor is intelligent, quick witted and very entertaining.
It was a perfect evening!

3 comments:

Columbo said...

Eddie Izzard was great!!!!!I enjoyed seeing him. As far as the people watching....Hollywood is still my favorite....
Richard

Laura said...

Sounds like a fun evening!!

Is 'The Riches' back on? I liked that show but haven't seen it....hmmm I need to check that out!

Lori said...

We love Eddie Izzard around here (thought he was the best thing about Prince Caspian--such perfect casting!). Thanks for your comment today. We love Sisters. And I like your food blog, plan on looking at it often :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails